Saturday, September 25, 2010
The Corporation #1: SpawnCom
My name is Amadeus Yoshida. Pay close attention to what I say, because I will repeat none of it. I was cultured to despise redundancy, and have maintained that trait to this very day. Despite the unfortunate events that transpired between myself and my surrogate family, I retain the conditioning of my childhood, and this has served to my advantage. I was told that my birth took place in the rubble of New Tokyo, though given the deceptions I've experienced, nothing can be perceived as absolute. For the sake of simplicity, we will assume that this is the truth. I was told that I remained in the sheltered ruins of that former metropolis for the initial three years of my life. How I survived in the dangerous shadows of abandoned monoliths is as much a mystery to my current benefactors as it is to me. Eventually, during the Amerxican colonization of a conquered territory adjacent to the necropolis of my birth, I was discovered by contracted pseudomilitary tomb raiders. While they ransacked the remnants of a collapsed church, my infant self watched, perplexed by the theft. Once again, I do not recall these events, but I am told that my abilities manifested themselves at this point, and from the dark behind a jagged pane of stained glass, I began to tremble with a sudden surge of violent energy. My body exploded into a pyroclastic burst of Biblical proportions, which in retrospect seems fitting given the setting. The one bandit who survived was able to stagger back to the military outpost in Koreatown. I was docile when a band of mercenaries came to the site of my combustion. It must have been so surreal to observe a smiling toddler humming peacefully in the ashes of holy ground. I was lifted gingerly by the bravest individual there, who proceeded to transport me to a secured cell, one that would adequately contain my pyrokinesis. It was this man who would later act as a father to me. And it was this day upon which I was inducted (not consentingly, though not forcibly either) into the Corporation. And it was within this entity, that my future adventures would take place.