Monday, March 7, 2011

Real Talk

*For those outside of a specific niche, this will appear painfully obscure, but this post is intended to serve as a response to the recent trend of braggadocious fabrications in battle rap, and the insipid proliferation of the phrases "real talk" and "true story"*

I'm the last son of a dying planet, sent to Earth to demonstrate the eternal verbal domination of the Qrxillian people. Real Talk.
I have the constitution of an ox and travel with a private harem of supermodels. True Story.
I inherited mystical abilities from my shamanic grandfather who taught me the art of emceeing. Real Talk.
My lyrics are merely the channeled thoughts of rap's martyred ghosts, the supernatural testaments of Big and Pac. True Story.
Scientists did experiments on me when I was three that granted me extra-sensory perception and an unbridled lyrical ferocity. Real Talk.
I have a machine that allows me to control the collective mind of the world's population, but I prefer not to use it because I want to dominate the world by hand. True Story.
In my posession is an army of unicorns who can dismantle the hardest crew of genuine thugs almost instantly through the power of love and friendship. True story.
Liars use lies to hide the truth while artists use lies to tell the truth. And that's real.